Your gutters guide rain and storm water off your roof and away from your home. Not only protecting your home’s look, but also preventing damage to your property.
Regular clearing and cleaning are crucial to maintaining good gutters, ensuring that rainwater flows smoothly through them. When they fill up with leaves, sticks and other debris it can cause blockages and result in water creeping under the roof, damaging the interior or exterior of your property and sometimes damaging the foundations. Blocked up gutters can make nice homes for pests and rodents.
Tip for clearing your gutters:
- Stay safe – always use equipment suitable for the job to avoid any risks.
- Dress for the job – clearing gutters can be very messy.
- Use something like a gutter scoop to help you clear away the debris.
- Put something under where you are working to collect the leaves, sticks and debris. Makes the final clear up job easier at the end.
- Once you’ve cleared your gutters use a hose to wash them out and check to see if you have any leaks.
- Repair any leaks or problems with your gutters.
Ideally you should clean your gutters at least once a year. Do it more often if you have overhanging trees and after particularly bad weather.
Have a problem with your gutters?
No matter the scale of the problem, you can trust us at Evergreen Conservatory Insulation to diagnose and fix your problem both quickly and cost-effectively.Available 24/7, Evergreen Conservatory Insulation are leaders in providing quick and cost-effective drainage solutions to both domestic and commercial customers in Dorset, Hampshire, and the surrounding areas.
Contact us today. Speak to our friendly and helpful staff to book an appointment. Call 0800 0096625 or alternatively email email@example.com